Thursday 12 February 2009

End of Module Self-Evaluation: Design for Digital Media

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have learned how to use Adobe After Effects, previously I had no experience with the software but now I feel not only that I can use it but also use it successfully. As with every module I am becoming more efficient with pieces of software but it was my ability to really focus on one idea throughout the whole project and communicate that one message successfully. This is a skill I am beginning to hit the nail on the head with. I have started to be less scared of colour and have begun to embrace it. I have noticed this has made my work a lot more visually exciting and engaging.

2. What approaches to generating work and solutions to problems have you developed and how have they helped?

Throughout this module I found that it was ideas that where the driving force of the project. I resisted the temptation to run straight onto the computer and instead developed my ideas on paper. This method helped me to focus in on the message I was trying to achieve and not get bogged down with After Effects. Working on paper and scribbling ideas down in a strange way made me realise what I can and can’t do without going anywhere near a keyboard and mouse.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I have become much more organized with my work, I don’t know whether that was because of the nature of this module or because of feed back from the last module but I intend to carry on in my orderly way. I am not thinking as much and more doing, I like getting my ideas down on paper and working through them until they work.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how could you exploit these more fully?

The biggest weakness I have at the moment is not being fully ready for crits. I need to start being more organized when it comes to presenting my work during a brief rather than just at the end.

5.How would you grade yourself on the following areas: (please indicate using an ‘x’) 5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

Attendance = 4
Punctuality = 4
Motivation = 4
Commitment = 4
Quantity of work produced = 4
Quality of work produced = 4
Contribution to the group = 3

No comments: